"We are a body of believers not defined by our building or programs, but our faith in Jesus Christ. It is our desire to draw closer to our Heavenly Father through our faith in Jesus Christ. As we join hands together in His service, we aim to show His love to a World which desperately needs to know who He is and the freedom found in His arms."
O U R S T O R Y
Organized in 1883, Cedar Bluff Baptist Church conducted its first services on Sunday afternoons with preachers supplied by Marion Baptist. The first church building was located near Flowing Springs Road, in Atkins. This church was tore down in 1907 and a new white wood frame church was built, dedicated in 1909, directly across the road from our present church.
In 1967, the church purchased property on which to build the present church building. A ground breaking ceremony was held on April 14, 1968. The new building was dedicated on June 15, 1969. In 1977, Rev. Grady M. Byrd became pastor. The church has been blessed by the Lord since then with several new buildings.
In April of 1986, the church voted to expand the sanctuary, build additional Sunday School rooms, and add a sound room to the church. Rev. Eddie Beck became the pastor in 1996 and it was during his pastorate that the Family Life Center was built in 2002.
On June 1, 2014, the people of Cedar Bluff called Justin M. Hall to be their pastor. Cedar Bluff is in its 131st year of existence and God has used this church in a wonderful way for well over a century. As greatly blessed as our past has been, we do not believe that the best days are behind us. We are looking forward to God doing even greater things through Cedar Bluff in the days ahead! We hope that you will prayerfully consider being part of the future of this church as we seek to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, make disciples, and impact the world.
O UR H I S T O R Y
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"Matthew 28:19
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"